I started Small Camera Big Picture when I noticed the beginnings of a shift in photography. I was inspired by using a small camera, something that many would see as a toy, to shoot assignments with. My small camera replaced my DSLR as my bread and butter camera, my fun camera, my everything camera. Because […]
Tag Archives | miami
Ever see those ads for new camera gear in magazines and wonder how the images were made? If you have any of the latest photography magazines you’ll see a Panasonic Lumix GH3, G6 ad featuring my work. Below I detail how the ad was shot, the inspiration, gear, capture and post. Enjoy! In early April […]
This was my last interview when I was in Miami. It’s Frederick Van Johnson and I chopping it up about photography – the lifestyle, gear, hybrid and failures. If you’re not following what Frederick is up to you should. Check him http://www.thisweekinphoto.com/ Below are some thoughts I had on the conversation. There’s something special when a […]
It was after a challenging two years as a photographer that my wife and I decided to move to Miami. I recall that time so vividly…we didn’t work for six months straight. Our savings had dropped off, we sold the studio and our home and hit the road. Miami seemed like the right place since we […]
Instagram announced today, with the release of version 4.0, the ability for photographers to use video clips in addition to still photographs. This is a huge announcement and great news for lovers of hybrid photography. The fact that the largest photo sharing social network made the move to hybrid has me excited to the MAX […]
It’s not every day that you get to the opportunity to accompany a fellow photographer on a commercial shoot. When the opportunity arose to fly out to Austin, TX and assist Giulio Sciorio on an advertising campaign for precision rifle maker Tracking Point. We will be shooting a Hybrid Ad Campaign which will be incorporating […]
Many emerging pros have asked me – Why shoot hybrid photography? The answer is we need to be open to change in our craft. Your clients will eventually demand that we shoot a mix of still, motion and sound if they are not already. If you are open to that change and you see the opportunities within change you’ll […]
- How to overcome fears using Micro 4/3rds cameras in a professional environment April 24, 2012
- Panasonic Lumix G6 Review: A Complete Professionals Package May 31, 2013
- Lumix GX7 Review Part 1 – Tech and Design August 7, 2013
- What am I shooting this weekend? It’s not RAW. November 3, 2012
- Review – Olympus FL600R (with video) June 28, 2012
- Magazine Front Cover With Panasonic GH3 | My great Wordpress blog: […] CLICK HERE to go over to Small Camera B...
- Daniel: Hi Giulio, Chanced upon your video here. I have a...
- Allan Templeton: My selection is for Eric, superb....!...
- Chris Leskovsek: Thanks for picking up mine Paula, appreciate it. M...
- Eric: Thanks for the selection Paula!...
- Events on April 26, 2014
- Animated Portraits Workshop - Pro Photo SupplyStarts: 11:00 amEnds: April 26, 2014 - 3:00 pmLocation: Pro Photo Supply Event Center - 1801 NW Northrup Street, Portland, OR 97209Description: Sign up here - http://www.prophotosupply.com/p-events.htm
- Events on April 27, 2014
- Animated Portraits Workshop - GlazersStarts: 12:00 pmEnds: April 27, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Glazer's Camera, 8th Avenue North, Seattle, WA, United StatesDescription: Sign up here - http://www.glazerscamera.com/animated-portrait-photography