I’ve been leading photo tours and workshops in Costa Rica for about five years now, and I have put together an all new tour for 2014. I am happy to announce the Costa Rica: Focus on Wildlife Photo Workshop, January 27- February 2, 2014. This workshop will give you the opportunity to shoot all of […]
Tag Archives | How To
I recently had my first studio shoot with mirrorless. It has been an exciting transition into the new world of mirrorless photography, and I have to say that I am LOVING IT!!!! As a versatile photographer, I do a lot of street shooting here in NYC and also do a lot of studio work. Keeping […]
Many emerging pros have asked me – Why shoot hybrid photography? The answer is we need to be open to change in our craft. Your clients will eventually demand that we shoot a mix of still, motion and sound if they are not already. If you are open to that change and you see the opportunities within change you’ll […]
Shooting multi day sporting events means that I have to be ready for anything and super organized so that I don’t miss any of the action. Not too different from shooting weddings, corporate events or any location work. One way that I keep my work flowing without incident or accident is to have a system […]
I thought it was novel when Adobe added video support in Lightroom 3. When they added basic video editing in Lightroom 4 I didn’t pay much attention. Now that I’m shooting hybrid photography I think it’s awesome! Lightroom offers tools that are just right for trimming and editing short video clips. My transition into hybrid […]
Shoot Film – beauty of film is it forces you to slow down and think. This is very important to help you visualize what you want to capture in the given scene in front of you. Shoot JPEG – don’t have film? Shoot JPEG. Set your JPEG recipe once and don’t touch it again. Leave […]
Another nice tutorial by David Thorpe. In this video David walks you through geotagging your photos using the WiFi connection and the Lumix Link app. I’m a big fan of David’s videos and I think you will be too. Be sure to subscribe to his YT page via this link
- How to overcome fears using Micro 4/3rds cameras in a professional environment April 24, 2012
- Panasonic Lumix G6 Review: A Complete Professionals Package May 31, 2013
- Lumix GX7 Review Part 1 – Tech and Design August 7, 2013
- What am I shooting this weekend? It’s not RAW. November 3, 2012
- Lumix GX7 Review Part 2 – Sensor, Shutter and In Body Stabilization August 14, 2013
- Paul Beentjes: So cool to be featured on your site... I am honour...
- Allie Miller AMillerFoto: Great to finally see u...
- Jimmy Patton: Is this official? Website?...
- Joao Pires: Good idea...
- Frank: "G" thank you for posting the wppi lineup... I ...