I ditched the mirror for a mirrorless camera system two years ago. Gone was all of my Canon gear and I bought into the Panasonic G system. I liked the video capabilities of the Panasonic but now it not just the video anymore that makes it better. Predictions were that Micro Four Thirds and mirrorless […]
Archive | Transition to Mirrorless RSS feed for this section
In this first article in the “Micro four thirds for Hybrid Nature Photography” series I want to point out some of the advantages of using smaller-format cameras for nature photography. I personally use Micro Four Thirds (MFT) cameras and lenses, but many of the tips in this series would apply to other mirrorless cameras as […]
I wanted to share my latest VLOG over at www.DiscoverMirrorless.com where I share my 5 favorite budget Hybrid Photography tools for the Emerging Professional Photographer and my experience with putting together a hybrid photo working kit and which tools I’ve found to be the most valuable for the way I shoot while keeping within a very tight budget. As we’ve […]
I recently had my first studio shoot with mirrorless. It has been an exciting transition into the new world of mirrorless photography, and I have to say that I am LOVING IT!!!! As a versatile photographer, I do a lot of street shooting here in NYC and also do a lot of studio work. Keeping […]
Shooting multi day sporting events means that I have to be ready for anything and super organized so that I don’t miss any of the action. Not too different from shooting weddings, corporate events or any location work. One way that I keep my work flowing without incident or accident is to have a system […]
Not since my Nikon F3 film camera, have I liked a camera so much. I used my Nikon F3s for 20 years. (A lifetime in digital) Since 2001, I have used quite a few digital cameras when I put the beloved F3s on eBay. I was spending over a $100 a month on film and […]
I wanted to share a wedding I shot at the end of October. It was a fellow photographers wedding and instead of asking one particular photographer to come, she invited us all to openly shoot. It was a lot of fun, but I decided to bring along my Panasonic Lumix GF3 instead of the […]
- How to overcome fears using Micro 4/3rds cameras in a professional environment April 24, 2012
- Panasonic Lumix G6 Review: A Complete Professionals Package May 31, 2013
- Lumix GX7 Review Part 1 – Tech and Design August 7, 2013
- What am I shooting this weekend? It’s not RAW. November 3, 2012
- Lumix GX7 Review Part 2 – Sensor, Shutter and In Body Stabilization August 14, 2013
- Niels Kristian Bech Jensen: Hi Paula. Great set of images but I have a small n...
- Kevin Worley: +Snapseed is the most powerful tool out there. I a...
- Mark Hales: I have an Android phone and use an app called phot...
- Paul Beentjes: So cool to be featured on your site... I am honour...
- Allie Miller AMillerFoto: Great to finally see u...