Hi folks, I recently had one of my photos published on the front cover of a national UK flying magazine and thought it would be nice to share some details on how I took the below shot and what / why I used the awesome Panasonic GH3 for it. Why the LUMIX GH3 over a […]
Archive | On Assignment RSS feed for this section
How gear and skill come together to create a photograph used in assignments both personal and professional.
Scoge Clothing is a local NYC designer that specializes in street wear clothing. After recently doing a photo shoot with model Amanda, Scoge Clothing saw the photos that we shot and he contacted me about doing a promo video for him. Being primarily a photographer, but branching out into doing more video work, I […]
If you circle me on Google Plus, you’ll often read about my experiments in photography. Creative experimentation for me is among the most valuable exercises as an artist that I can imagine. Experimenting allows me to grow creatively and sometimes, if I work the results into my business, finically as well. The photography world is […]
Lacheln’s studio photoshoot was an absolute TREAT!!! She is a very talented traveling model based out or Arizona and was here in New York for a few days. Setup Set up… or more to the point, lack there of, was very simple! Panasonic Lumix GH3 Lumix 12-35 f/2.8 IS lens Lumix GH3 battery grip […]
Ever see those ads for new camera gear in magazines and wonder how the images were made? If you have any of the latest photography magazines you’ll see a Panasonic Lumix GH3, G6 ad featuring my work. Below I detail how the ad was shot, the inspiration, gear, capture and post. Enjoy! In early April […]
I took a break from shooting food and went to a motocross race where I tested shooting fast moving motorcycles, both stills and video. I brought with me the Olympus OMD and my CBG-6 backpack full of lenses. I ended up only using two lenses for the two hours of race shooting, the Olympus 45mm […]
It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon when the gorgeous model Amanda Coulter showed up for her Brooklyn rooftop photo shoot. Continuing my exploration into the realm of hybrid artistry I wanted to do a short but sweet video of her along with the photos we were planning on shooting. SET UP Set up… or more […]
- How to overcome fears using Micro 4/3rds cameras in a professional environment April 24, 2012
- Panasonic Lumix G6 Review: A Complete Professionals Package May 31, 2013
- Lumix GX7 Review Part 1 – Tech and Design August 7, 2013
- What am I shooting this weekend? It’s not RAW. November 3, 2012
- Lumix GX7 Review Part 2 – Sensor, Shutter and In Body Stabilization August 14, 2013
- Niels Kristian Bech Jensen: Hi Paula. Great set of images but I have a small n...
- Kevin Worley: +Snapseed is the most powerful tool out there. I a...
- Mark Hales: I have an Android phone and use an app called phot...
- Paul Beentjes: So cool to be featured on your site... I am honour...
- Allie Miller AMillerFoto: Great to finally see u...