Last year we took a look at the Spider Holster for compact system cameras – the Black Widow. The premise is quite simple – a secure way to quickly access your camera without being bogged down by bags and straps. It quickly found a home on my E-PL3 and then my E-PL5 when I upgraded. […]
About Alberto LimaTechnophile, blogger, human with a camera, and Hip Hop aficionado. Always up for a mean game of Clue.
Author Archive | Alberto Lima
Pentax Q7 – Living with the smallest compact system camera in the world Pentax recently released the latest update to their Q-mount system, the Pentax Q7. The Q7 is billed as the world’s smallest compact system camera and boasts some notable improvements over the Q10 that it replaced. Like Pentax’s entry-level DSLR’s, the Pentax Q7 […]
Make no mistake, the current bridge camera to beat is the Sony RX100 II. It’s been sitting atop of many “Best” lists since it was announced and with good reason and even the good folks over at TheWirecutter have named it the best point-and-shoot under $1,000. Today, Olympus announced that they’d like a crack at that […]
Nikon may not have been pushing mirror-less as aggressively as their competitors but that’s not to say we’re not intrigued by the Nikon 1 AW1. Like the S, V, and J series cameras, the Nikon 1 AW1 offers a sleek compact design reminiscent of their COOLPIX family of point and shoot cameras while offering the […]
We’ve already given you the short spec-sheet review of the Olympus OM-D E-M1. Our very own Jamie MacDonald has also given you his impressions as well. SCBP was invited to attend Olympus’s E-M1 event aboard the U.S.S. Intrepid Seas, Air, and Space Museum in New York City, here our E-M1 first impressions. Body, Build, and […]
Are you a pro-photographer shooting mirror-less? Olympus has some news just for you: the Olympus OM-D E-M1 is now official! The Olympus OM-D E-M1 is not just successor in name to the original flagship camera but the E-M1′s tweaks makes this easily one of the most advanced micro four-thirds cameras around. What’s New? The E-M1 […]
Underwater gear is usually very expensive. Combined with the cost of a camera and lens, you can pretty much kiss a substantial chunk of change from your wallet goodbye. The Wirecutter posted a deal alert on the Olympus E-PM1 bundled with an underwater housing rig for $500. If you’ve ever considered underwater photography but were […]
- How to overcome fears using Micro 4/3rds cameras in a professional environment April 24, 2012
- Panasonic Lumix G6 Review: A Complete Professionals Package May 31, 2013
- Lumix GX7 Review Part 1 – Tech and Design August 7, 2013
- What am I shooting this weekend? It’s not RAW. November 3, 2012
- Lumix GX7 Review Part 2 – Sensor, Shutter and In Body Stabilization August 14, 2013
- Niels Kristian Bech Jensen: Hi Paula. Great set of images but I have a small n...
- Kevin Worley: +Snapseed is the most powerful tool out there. I a...
- Mark Hales: I have an Android phone and use an app called phot...
- Paul Beentjes: So cool to be featured on your site... I am honour...
- Allie Miller AMillerFoto: Great to finally see u...